Granola Bites - Adapted by Sylvie K.

Granola Bites

Adapted by Sylvie K. I Fresh off the Grid

These delicious granola bites were inspired by Bobo's Oat Bites. I would just pop one in my mouth before a workout and they were the perfect size too. The only problem is that they are expensive if you eat them every day. So... I tried making my own! I was looking for recipes and came across this one but it had fillings that I didn't want. I also didn't have a mini loaf pan so I couldn't make the bars. So I decided to improvise. I added some vanilla to give it extra flavor, some more coconut oil because it was too dry, I filled them with lots of different ingredients, and I pressed them into mini cupcake tins to make cute and yummy granola bites. If you don't have mini cupcake tins feel free to make them in regular size cupcake tins or in a loaf pan but you will have to adjust the baking time.

First I made the dough. Then I divided the dough into three separate bowls and mixed in the fillings. For the first one I put in mini white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. For the second one I put in good 'ole chocolate chips. (I didn't have mini's so I chopped them up into smaller pieces but you can use mini's if you have them) For the third one I put in chopped up pecans and hazelnuts, maca powder, chia seeds, and ground flax seed. Feel free to experiment with whatever fillings you like!

Here's the recipe!

MAKES ABOUT 20 BITES

D O U G H

3 cups old fashioned rolled oats

1/2 cup brown rice syrup

1/3 cup coconut oil

1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

filling ideas: mini white chocolate chips and dried cranberries, chocolate chips, peanut butter, pecans and hazelnuts, maca powder, chia seeds, and ground flax seed, or whatever else you like!


1.

Preheat the oven to 325°F.


  2.

Place the oats in a food processor and pulse until it is chopped into small pieces but not yet flour.


3.

Place the oats in a medium bowl. Add the brown rice syrup, coconut oil, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla. Stir together until combined.


4.

Add in the fillings! You can do different fillings by separating the dough into different bowls or just do one flavor and add the fillings directly into the bowl.


5.

Grease the mini cupcake tins. Press the filling into each of them making sure you fill them all the way to the top.


6.

Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are slightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.


7.

Enjoy! If you have leftover you can store them in an airtight container.


Notes:

This recipe was adapted from Chewy Granola Bars - Fresh off the Grid.












Comments

Popular Posts